Monday 7 February 2011

Whats running on the Kitchen Arcade?

The whole point of replacing the PC in the Kitchen Arcade was so it could run the HyperSpin front end and a number of different emulators. Installing HyperSpin was really simple and there's full instructions on their website (link shown in My Favourite Gaming Sites at the bottom). The site also includes help on getting some of the more popular emulators running as well.

The current list of emulators running on the Kitchen Arcade is:

  • MAME - Arcade games
  • ZSNES - Super Nintendo
  • Nestopia - Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Project 64 - Nintendo 64
  • Virtual Boy Advance - Gameboy Advance
  • Stella - Atari 2600
  • Kega Fusion - Sega Megadrive/Genesis
I've also got some jukebox software installed so I can listen to music when cooking and washing the pots :-) I'm in the process of trying to get the Sega Dreamcast emulator nullDC working as well but it's not quite there yet. It keeps crashing when I try and boot a game but I think I've had a bit of a breakthrough this evening so hopefully it won't be long before I'll be playing Jet Grind Radio!

I'll put some more pics of the cab up next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment